Resources abound to help students explore career fields and professions. Even if students have decided on a major, they may be trying to decide what they want to do. The following is a helpful list for the sophmore year.
- Talk with University Career Center staff about formulating career goals.
- Help build your resume by pursuing career and major-related opportunities.
- Read about careers on the Center’s website and in the Resource Room, located in 3100 Hornbake Library, South Wing.
- Use Career Insider to explore various career fields and professions.
- Attend Career & Internship Fairs each semester.
- Maintain a good academic record. Employers look at grades as an objective measure of your abilities and how well you manage your time.
- Update your resume and cover letter(s) utilizing our web-based Resume Builder, and have them critiqued.
How you can help your student.