Learn all that the University of Maryland has to offer!
History & Mission
- Facts and Figures
Summary of enrollment, listing of the university's rankings by national magazines and reports, and recent accomplishments, achievements and honors by the people of the University of Maryland
- Mission Statement
A statement of our institutional identity, capabilities, and objectives and outcomes.
- Maryland Traditions
Who is Testudo, just where did "Fear the Turtle" come from, and what song does the Memorial Chapel carillon chime every hour?
- University of Maryland A to Z
Learn about Maryland traditions and many other fun and unusual tales about our campus, from its founding in 1856 as the Maryland Agricultural College to the twenty-first century.
Select a College or School to learn more:
Choose:College of Agriculture and Natural ResourcesSchool of Architecture, Planning, and PreservationCollege of Arts and HumanitiesCollege of Behavioral and Social SciencesRobert H. Smith School of BusinessCollege of Computer, Mathematical and Physical SciencesCollege of EducationA. James Clark School of EngineeringCollege of Information StudiesPhilip Merrill College of JournalismSchool of Public HealthSchool of Public Policy
Select an Academic Program to learn more:
Choose:College Park ScholarsDivision of Letters and SciencesGemstoneGlobal CommunitiesJimenez-Porter Writer's HouseLiving-Learning ProgramsUniversity Honors CollegeStudy Abroad
- Accessibility and Disability Services
- Career Center
- Dining Services
- Financial Aid
- Fraternity and Sorority Life
- Health Center
- Off-Campus Housing Services
- Off-Campus Student Involvement
- Resident Life
- Social Interaction Group for Students with Autism (SIGNA)
- Stamp Student Union and Campus Programs
- Student Affairs
- SUCCEEDS Clinic for Students with ADHD
- Transportation Services (Parking & Shuttle-UM info)
- University Recreation & Wellness