As the parent or family member of a UMD student, you are automatically considered a member of the Parent & Family Association—and membership is free!
Working with the Office of Parent and Family Affairs, the Maryland Parent & Family Association gives parents and family members the opportunity to network and provide support for other parents and family members, and to actively participate in the life of the University by serving on the Advisory Council as well as volunteering for various campus events. Participating in the Parent & Family Association is an excellent way to stay connected and to support the education of your student.
Membership benefits and services for parents/family members include:
- Connections to campus professionals/full-time staff—Staff in the Office of Parent and Family Affairs and the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs have decades of experience assisting students and parents. Contact us by phone at 301.314.8429 or via email at email@example.com any time.
- Access to online resources, including the Terp Family website, Facebook and Twitter pages.
- eConnection electronic newsletter—stay informed with our monthly newsletter designed specifically for parents and families featuring updates from campus, dates & deadlines, and other newsworthy items.
- Important news and safety notifications—if there is ever an emergency or urgent situation on campus, we will keep you updated via email.
- Terrapin Guide handbook—our special guide for parents and family members, containing information about the most essential and critical student services and resources on campus. Available in print and online.
- Campus events and volunteer opportunities—we host a variety of events on campus throughout the year, including Move-In Welcome Receptions, Family Weekend, and Maryland Day.
- Eligibility to serve on the Parent/Family Advisory Council;
Once again, you are automatically considered a member of the Parent & Family Association; however, we request that you activate your membership so you can receive all of the member benefits as described above. Membership is free, so please take the opportunity to activate your membership today.
Click here to activate your membership in our Terp Family eConnection Portal.
The Maryland Parent & Family Association are proudly sponsored by SECU.